Punjab Career Guidance Portal
Updated on June 4, 2022, 6:08 a.m.
A career is a very significant part of an individual’s life. However, with the increasing competition in today’s world and due to the categories existing in society in Punjab the students often get confused and tend to go towards making certain moves that are very illogical, flashy and lacking any sense.
These moves will make the career decisions that can be half-baked and very frustrating in nature and can further turn into obstructions while looking for a job or getting employed. Many times, the career decisions are affected by various aspects,like no coordination between the parents and teachers, as they do not have sufficient information to guide their children and students.
Let me break down the concept of Career Counselling, it is a path designed for the students to choose the correct path based on the Educational and Professional Choices and Desires.
The advice of the family members following a traditional approach of the family like for example if the father is a doctor, they expect their son or daughter also to be Doctor, without taking into account the interest or passion of the children.
The existing solutions to get rid of confusion in the educational segment is the career guidance systems, in Punjab that are privatised compared to other nations in the globe.
This wrong choice of the family and their filthy attitude puts the life of child in jeopardy and takes a huge toll on the life of the child. In some situations, the family members will not have sufficient money to fulfil the expectation of the child in Punjab.
Our education system till 2020 was following the age-old British system, and hence the students used to fall into those careers, where they do not have any confidence. Thanks to the new government under the vibrant leadership of Mr. Narendra Modi, the National Education Policy 2020 with the ultimate goal of enhancing the sphere of Education and encouraging the students to pursue the subjects that they will to study.
The Government of Punjab introduced the Punjab Career Guidance Portal to make sure that no student in Punjab will be confused and unemployed and he or she can make a mark in the life.
Objectives Of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal
The objectives of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal are given below as follows:
- Find and analyse the factors that affect the career guidance.
- Analysing the issues with the recent education system and the career guidance.
- Mapping out the careers for the students in the state of Punjab.
Features Of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal
The Punjab Career Guidance Portal is making lot of waves in the employment and educational segment in the state of Punjab. The amazing features of this scheme are given below as follows:
- This Scheme was launched on 15th November 2021.
- This portal is available in Punjabi and English languages.
- There will be free 20 minutes Counselling Session for the students.
- The Counsellors are very experienced in their line of business and deal with students differently.
- Our team of Counsellors are certified by the Department of Education under the Government of Punjab.
- Our methodologies are ideally suited for Rural and Urban students of Punjab.
- This scheme offers Career Counselling to all the students of Punjab from Class X onwards.
- The career portal is launched with collaboration using the Tata Power, Aasman foundation and UNICEF.
- It takes into account all students till the post-Graduation in the state.
- The scheme is good in offering Online Courses, Vocational Training and Scholarships for students.
- We provide the Aptitude Test and Personality Development Programs under this portal.
- It is estimated that 11 Lakh students from the state of Punjab will be covered under the Punjab Career Guidance Portal.
Eligibility Criteria for Becoming the Member of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal
There are certain eligibility conditions that needs to be met to become the member of the Punjab Career Guidance Portal.
- The student must be born in the state of Punjab.
- The age of the student must be more than 14 years.
- The student must be in Xth Standard and above to appear.
- The students failed in Xth Standard can also appear and enroll.
- The student must have good knowledge of Hindi, Punjabi and English.
General Questions Asked During Career Counselling to Students in Punjab
There are various questions asked during Career Counselling for students in Punjab and they are as follows:
- What is your age?
- What is your name?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you feel stressed out?
- Tell me about your place of birth.
- Tell me about your positive qualities.
- Tell me about your family background.
- In which class are you studying at present?
- Where is the location of your school in Punjab?
- Why did you take the particular stream of study?
- Are your parents active in understanding your aspiration?
- Who helped you to decide on the field you wanted to reach?
- What kind of Job you would like to take in the current scenario?
- Have you taken any professional help for your career guidance?
- How did you learn about the career courses and options in Punjab?
- How to make schools and college friendly towards students of today?
General Questions Asked During Career Counselling to Parents in Punjab
Some of the questions asked to parents during Career Counselling are given below as follows:
- What is your name?
- What is your family background?
- Are your self-employed or working?
- Have your taken any educational loans?
- Are you facing any financial problems at present?
- Is your child suffering from any kind of health issues?
- How did you convince your child to make this decision?
- How did you ask him or her to take up this field of study?
- How to make a difference in the wellbeing of your child?
- Do you give importance to Career Counselling for your child?
- What are the difficulties you went through while convincing your child to select a particular college and take up a course?
- How you keep updated about the various career moves of your child?
- Did you approach any other organisations or establishments in Punjab to do Career Counselling before coming to us?
Document Required for Enrolment Under the Punjab Career Guidance Portal
The documents required for getting enrolled under the Punjab Career Guidance Portals are given below as follows:
- Birth Certificate of the candidate.
- Caste Certificate of all the candidates.
- Xerox of the marks card of the candidates.
- Nativity Certificate of the family of the candidates.
- Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Pan Card of all the candidates.
- The Income Certificate of the family of the candidate.
- Passport and the Stamp Size photos of all the aspirants.
Procedure For Applying Punjab Career Guidance Portal
There are various methods to register under the Punjab Career Guidance Portal given below as follows:
- You must open the Google Chrome.
- Please type the website details given below.
- The teacher of the respective school will have access to registration and they will register the students.
- Basic information of the students will be entered and the PDF copies of the supporting documents will be done.
- The captcha code will be typed near the box.
- Then you need to check all the details are very true and click on the submit button.
- The student will receive the message in his or her mobile number.
- All the details regarding the Vocational Professional Courses, Scholarship opportunities and Entrance details will be at your fingertips.
This portal is very good in Stream Selection, Avoiding Career Confusion, Academic analysis, Explore New Age Careers, Formal and Informal Counselling.
You need to Login to Post comments.